Friday, May 8, 2009

I Wanna Be a Celebrity- Episode 2 aires

This was a very tough Episode as you will see.



Watch it in larger format here.


I do want to clarify one thing. In what I said about Micha's store and fashions. This was a difficult task because I wanted to explain to the other contestants what I thought were his strengths and weaknesses, so we could make a good decision on who to vote off. His stuff is very impressive for one, and yes I did feel he was my biggest contender being that we both focused in on the fashion area of SL. My critique about the items that I bought was very sincere in saying he excelled at ideas and concepts but lacked in attention to detail, mainly seams. Specifically, the items I bought were done using the appearance sliders and not alpha channels, and most designers know that using the sliders will lead to very noticeable jagged edges. To Micha's defense allot of these seams were covered up by prim pieces, however not all, and yes I'm picky even about seams near my armpits. I still think his stuff is awesome and I still wear the items, jagged seams and all. :) I am serious when I say he has big ideas that are outside of the box, he is definitely a very creative person and someone I will watch for new releases. But if it were me, I would have taken the additional time and created an alpha layer on those items for nice clean seam, it's just me. My attention to detail does drive me insane at times but I am proud of what I release, and I slave over it until it is perfect zoomed in closer than anyone normally looks at it down to the single pixel. My expectations for fashion in SL are high only because I put allot of pressure on myself to release perfect items, and I expect that from other creators. None the less, I applaud Micha for his creativity and wish him the best in all he does.

Oh and I have to toot my horn for a bit here, I had given myself an extra challenge during the course of "Celebrity." The challenge I gave myself was to always be wearing something that I had made. Now, since when I started the show I only had 2 dresses in my store that was going to be difficult if I made it past week 2, which you all just saw I did. So I spent the week up to the episode brainstorming and slaving over an outfit clear up until show time almost. Yes it does take me that long to finish a creation. I know I'm slow, but I'm also extremely detail oriented. So be watching for what I'm wearing, in episode 1 I'm wearing Cemi, week 2 I wore Mist . . . and after that, well I can't say ;) just keep watching and then teleport to my store if you see something you like!

TELEPORT NOW! SLURL: Amariah Store

3 comments:

  1. Her awesomeness the Maria222 SvenskaMay 9, 2009 at 2:51 AM

    As the proud owner of an Amariah Francis dress, I can confidently say that the attention to detail is both definately noticeable and worth it. Shame on anybody who says otherwise over SL's best kept secret....for now.

    Also, has anybody seen an ice cream truck? It's hot outside, I'm hungry and can't get that jingle out of my head for some reason....

    ---This message has been approved by Maria222 as being unbelivably awesome for its unbiased, sincere and just plain cool point of view.---

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Maria you crack me up! BTW I need to take your picture for the cutouts in the office, look me up next time you log in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her totally awesomeness Maria222 SvenskaMay 9, 2009 at 10:42 PM

    ---- I'm Maria222 Svenska, and I approve this message. ----

    Her awesomeness, the Maria222 will gladly smile for SL's finest photographer. I would have done it already except my computer broke down beyond repair a few weeks back. Apparently, it suffered of a SL-overdose combined with loss of its will to keep listening to my off-key singing. The technician should be over Monday night to help me set up the new one. I'll wait until he leaves to resume my 'singing' ....

    ---- Paid for by the supporters of Maria as Queen of the Universe ----

    ReplyDelete